This crustless pizza skillet is delicious and honestly I didn’t miss the crust. The cheese on the top makes a nice casing around the inside ingredients. This would work well for a night lasagna is on your family’s menu.
Ingredients – this recipe will make one
- 1lb ground meat
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite pizza sauce (I like my pizza saucy, also I haven’t found a low carb version I like yet)
- Your favorite shredded cheese for pizza
- Small to medium size skillet (depending on how thick or thin you like your toppings) I used a small cast iron skillet
How to put it all together
Spread ground meat on the bottom of the pan.
Next, layer all of your favorite pizza toppings on top of the ground meat. I’m a supreme kinda gal so onions, peppers, and olives are my go-to’s. If I was making it for my kids it would be meat and cheese – the end.
Then, add pizza sauce of your choice – I currently haven’t found a low carb one I like – if you have any suggestions send them my way.
Last, top with the shredded cheese
Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
- How to make it alongside your family’s traditional pizza: if making alongside a traditional pizza for your family. I started my pizza skillet 20 minutes before I started my family’s and let it finish cooking alongside my kid’s pizza.
- If making on a lasagna night I would bake the traditional lasagna for about 45 minutes to an hour before I started my what would be a lasagna skillet instead of a pizza skillet